Nov 10, 2019

Women in the Gaming Industry

Before we had sustainability and now the 'Diversity and Inclusion' as a topic within almost all big corporates.



I'm from Holland, Amsterdam. Single mother, half Indonesian, 'old' and doesn't fit the mediocre. I had to smile when all this started. "Probably needed in the US" I thought, but not here in Europe. I have to admit, I was mistaken.

I was reading this article in the Mary Sue just now: Where Are the Women in the Gaming Industry?. I hope my audience will think that it's an 'open door', but as said in the article:

"Well, perhaps you should look into the larger reasons that women aren’t applying, rather than assuming it is because women just don’t want to be part of the fun. Have you considered that for a lot of women gaming has not always been fun, even if they love it?"


My daughter is a gamer, she's rather plays solo and if she's playing in an online team she never says something. She once did and all the guys made smart remarks. Good luck with trying to educate the male population worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment