Jul 26, 2017

De-Stress ... Say no ...


A nice article with 100 tips and tricks to de-stress.

The most important one for me: Say no. You can do anything, but not everything.

Others are:

- Peel an orange. Studies show the smell of citrus can help reduce stress. (didn't know)
- Eat an avocado. The monounsaturated fats and potassium in the superfood can lower blood pressure. (I like and I need)
Laugh (I can do that)
- Get a massage. (I want and I need)
- Belt it out at karaoke... (true)
- Have sex. (true)
- Unsubscribe from all of those promotional emails. (mm, I'm going to do this)
- Take an email vacation. (Bonus: It also makes you more productive.) (true, I do this in the weekends)
- Exercise. Research shows it helps boost the body’s ability to handle stress. (true, just started again)
- Walk the walk. Research shows if you carry yourself like a happy person, you’ll feel happier, too. (very true, doing it all the time)
- Chew gum. (didn't know this one, it makes sense though)
- Look into a less stressful job. (good one)
- Walk or bike to work. (hey, I live in Amsterdam ... bike)
- Get a plant for your house or your desk. (just got plants for my house)
- Let yourself have a good cry. (true)
- Eat some dark chocolate. (ofcourse ... mmmmm)
- Have an orgasm. (true)
- Dance it out. Not only does it reduce stress, it can also boost your memory. (Regularly. Next Saturday again)
- Sleep. Not only is it crucial to zapping stress, it’s key to your daily happiness. “When we’re exhausted, we drag ourselves through the day instead of enjoying the day,” HuffPost president and editor-in-chief Arianna Huffington once said. (this has always been a problem. I'm not good with sleep)
- De-clutter your home or your desk. (trying)
- Become a morning person. (Or at least embrace the morning.) (no way. I'm a night person)
- If you’re a smoker, quit. (I don't think that's going to happen)
- Use a little foul language (in the right company). (that's a relief)
- Make a silly face. (constantly)

via

No comments:

Post a Comment