Sep 25, 2017

"Harassment isn’t about sex - it is about power."

Exactly dudes out there: I didn't ask for this.

Every woman online, especially in my case with totally 'open' profiles, receives them, the dick pics. I still remember the first time, the only thing I thought was: 'Okay ... and now?!'. With the second one I had to smile, and from that moment on I was / am laughing my ass off. It's so pathetic. Sending someone you don't know a dick pic. Why? Do they think the women really like it? Or do they want to scare women. Because I found out a lot of women get scared, even to the point where they delete their social media account.

I've asked this question to the dick-pic-senders but never got an answer. Or radio silence or angry. The most angy reaction I got was: "I will come over and rape you". ... okay ... My reply was: "oh, nice, who are you going to take with you?" A lot of bad words were typing my way. I thought it was pretty funny. But I can imagine women get scared.

Artist, activist, and writer Whitney Bell is dealing with these issues with a new installation of a traveling anti-harassment exhibition, I Didn’t Ask for This: A Lifetime of Dick Pics.

I like! And I agree, as rape, harrassment isn't about sex, it's about power. So don't allow these dudes to have power over you. If they send it over, just publish it on Facebook with the name of the sender.



via

No comments:

Post a Comment