Dec 19, 2013

The New Press Photography

Good example of going forward and thinking out of the box using new 'technology'.

Associated Press photographer David Guttenfelder has just been awarded TIME's Instagram Photographer of the year 2013 award for his photographs of North Korea. Speaking to WIRED, he said:

"In a country known for its censorship, I'm now uploading photos to Instagram from the streets of North Korea like I would anywhere else in the world. Through social media, I'm trying to piece together a picture of this country for the outside world … No one puts their hand in front of my camera, and no one tells me not to shoot things. There's no review process. They don’t look at my pictures at all before I send them on the Associated Press wire or my Instagram account. Facebook even asks me to tag my "friends" Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung when I upload my photos."

via




No comments:

Post a Comment