Feb 10, 2017

Women working full-time - part-time, it's never okay

According to a recent study dutch women work part-time, even if they don't have kids.

So what!

Live and let live.

There are women who work less by own choice and take less salary for granted.
There are women who work freelance.
There are women who want to be a stay home mother (which is a job also).
There are women who want to get married and stay home.

I am a single mother. From I guess age 15 I work. Until I got my daughter I worked 5 days a week. After I got my daughter I worked for a couple of years 4 day a week, than 4,5 days a week or 5 days a week. Do I want this? No I have to. We need the money.

On one hand women who work part-time by own choice get a lot of criticism: they are lazy, they are spoiled.
On the other hand I have to defend myself constantly because I work full-time: I pity your daughter, you're never available for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment