Nov 30, 2012

Let's Talk About Androids

I was talking to a friend last week who told me that within 5 or 10 years the 'happy few' can by an adroid, a robot looking like a human with 'human' skin.

Fortunately I'm not part of the 'happy few'. Did you ever look at the vegetarian section of the meat department in the supermarket? I never understood this, why make fake meat? As a vegetarian you don't want to eat meat, I understand. So you're a vegetarian and you have to go to the meat department in your supermarket to get fake meat, fake meatballs, fake hamburgers. Why?!


I have the same problem with android robots. First I thought I was being old fashioned. But it's not that, I like gadget, I like technology, I like 'new' things. But to have another human in the house who isn't a human, I have a big problem with that. I don't like it, it's creepy.


I wonder if it's going to be possible to customize it. I like surprised, I like unexpected things to happen. I don't like to have a very organized thing in the house. I only want to use it to clean, do the laundry and sometimes cook. And I want it to look like R2D2 or the android logo. I want it to look like a robot.


Would that be possible? But more interesting ... am I the only one who thinks like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment